Thursday, December 17, 2009

The radio show

I always wanted to do a radio show for this some how. Or a mix, but this seemed to make the most sense. So, without further ado, here is my "audiothesis," recorded Tuesday, Dec. 15th, from 8-10PM.

Songs played are:
You make me feel so good - Bobbi Humphrey
Think Twice - Donald Byrd
Footprints - A Tribe Called Quest
Think Twice - Ralph Myers and the Jack Herren Band
Hornets - Herbie Hancock
Watermelon Man - Herbie Hancock
Lanquidity - Sun Ra
A Love Supreme (edit) - Alice Coltrane
Disco Medley
It's Just Begun - The Jimmy Castor Bunch
Heather - Billy Cobham
'93 Til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
U-Love - J Dilla

Referenced but not played:

And the seminal Hip-Hop recording, "Rapper's Delight," that used a DJ-looped instrumental made from the above:


I'll have a more in-depth writeup to follow. Thanks for listening, and let me know what you think/if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment